Kitchen Korner with Dolly Lawler
If you’ve ever attended La Comedia and dined at their luscious buffet, you’ve probably eaten their signature dish, Sweet PotatoSoufflé. Here’s a copy cat recipe for that sumptuous dish. I’m one of those strange people who prefers sweet potatoes baked, then served with only butter, lots of butter, but my family loves the casserole style sweet potatoes, so that’s what I serve at family gatherings. It’s just wonderful. Try it and see what you think.
SWEET POTATO SOUFFLE
- 4 Cups Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- ½ Cup Milk
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1/3 stick Butter or Margarine (melted)
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar (I prefer light brown sugar)
- ½ Cup Flour
- 1/3 Cup Butter or Margarine (melted)
- 1 Cup Pecans
- Mix together sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, milk, salt, 1/3 stick melted butter and vanilla.
- Pour into buttered pan.
- Mix together all topping ingredients and crumble topping evenly over potato mixture.
- Bake at 350° in a 2 quart casserole dish (uncovered) for 35-45 minutes.